Week 2 TD

 Week 2 was starting strong with a running jeep. There was a lot that needed to be done to the car but it is a good start considering that it drives. My plan of attack this week was going to be finding a welder to fabricate the turbo kit. Then I was going to heat shield my injectors to avoid heat soaking the fuel. I was able to get a lot done but not enough. 


On Monday I started out in Massachusetts trying to find a pipe that we will use to link our turbo inlet pipe. I ended up finding a catted pipe for pretty cheap that will run from my headers to the inlet pipe. I got it shipped up by Tuesday so I could get working on the car. I contacted a few welders to see if they would be able to weld my pipe in time to get the car to proctor. After 2 days of calling around for availability, I couldn’t find anyone to do it in my time frame. This left me with the product I started with, and a few more bolt on and protection mods I could put on there. I ended up wrapping the injectors with fiberglass sheets that are made to keep the fuel rails cool. This was a huge help considering the size of the new injectors that I installed. After that I tightened up the throttle body to make sure there wasn’t pedal lag. I put in my best attempt to fix the passenger side door but I ended up bending it worse than I started with. 


This week was very fun but I don’t know how much more I can do going into my last 2 days of project period. I am going to have to work with what I have and make the most out of fixing the imperfections on the car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 TD

Day 6

Day 5 TD